DmC: Devil May Cry | Hype Thread | 8.0 (360) 7.5 (PS3) | Out Today On PC!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 0

#501 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

I'll check this game out when the price drops down to less than a dollar.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#502 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

UK Sales:

DmC is selling only a third of Devil May Cry 4 despite three extra days at retail.

Slashkice
Watching Ninja Theory continue to fail commercially is hilarious.
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#503 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

UK Sales:

DmC is selling only a third of Devil May Cry 4 despite three extra days at retail.

DarkLink77

Agreed, and this is coming from someone who liked their past two games.

Don't f*ck with my DMC.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#504 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Slashkice"]

UK Sales:

Master_ShakeXXX

Don't f*ck with my DMC.

It's less to do with them f*cking with DMC (I honestly don't care all that much, because this is probably the only way more DMC games get made) but it's just hilarious to me. They go multiplatform to get more sales with Enslaved, and get less. Then they get to work on a huge franchise like DMC and they still don't do all that hot. They really can't win.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#505 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Watching Ninja Theory continue to fail commercially is hilarious.DarkLink77

Don't f*ck with my DMC.

It's less to do with them f*cking with DMC (I honestly don't care all that much, because this is probably the only way more DMC games get made) but it's just hilarious to me. They go multiplatform to get more sales with Enslaved, and get less. Then they get to work on a huge franchise like DMC and they still don't do all that hot. They really can't win.

Maybe they need to fix their sh!tty attitude first. They'll probably blame the old fan & haters if the game bombed sales wise.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#506 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

UK Sales:

DarkLink77

Why?

Hate their games or not fact is they released 3 AA games this gen alone. Thats a better average than most devs out there. They sure deserve more comercial success than what they have. Thats sad imo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#507 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

They'll probably blame the old fan & haters if the game bombed sales wise.rjdofu

And thats actually partially true. The bad propaganda this game got since it was first announced sure didnt help. I was expecting it to flop hard with all the hate surrounding it, even if it did end up as a good game

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#508 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Slashkice"]

UK Sales:

Vatusus

Why?

Hate their games or not fact is they released 3 AA games this gen alone. Thats a better average than most devs out there. They sure deserve more comercial success than what they have. Thats sad imo

I just hope poor sales don't lead to Capcom killing off the Devil May Cry series for good.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#509 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]They'll probably blame the old fan & haters if the game bombed sales wise.Vatusus

And thats actually partially true. The bad propaganda this game got since it was first announced sure didnt help. I was expecting it to flop hard with all the hate surrounding it, even if it did end up as a good game

The negative talk probably advertised the game, for free, more than any type of normal advertising did.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]They'll probably blame the old fan & haters if the game bombed sales wise.Vatusus

And what did they do with all those "bad propaganda"? They managed to piss people off even more by the constant dissing & trash talking the old franchise instead of coming out as sincere. And blaming anything else but themselves (that's what Ninja Theory has been doing in their entire gamiing career) is arrogant, and delusional.

Good game or not, that's subjective. Personally I think all Ninja Theory games are highly overrated, their games are ranged btw 6.0-7.0 at best.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#511 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Watching Ninja Theory continue to fail commercially is hilarious.BPoole96

Why?

I just hope poor sales don't lead to Capcom killing off the Devil May Cry series for good.

I hope they forget the series and try something new.

Dante and DMC had a good run, but Capcom clearly ran out of ideas for DMC, and if Ninja Theory isn't the answer might as well take a shot at something new. Hell it's what they should be doing with their RE teams, but lord knows they are going to be chasing there also. At this point I wouldn't even want a Platinum take on DMC. They already have Bayonetta and Revengeance.

Dragons Dogma did fairly well(I haven't played it) critically so I'd like to see what else that team could do with a new IP in the action genre. They just need some better direction on the whole "trying to appeal to the west" thing.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#512 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Capcom should've given DmC to someone that can do good combat like bethesda.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#513 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

Capcom should've given DmC to someone that can do good combat like bethesda.

ninjapirate2000
>___>
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#514 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="Vatusus"]

Why?

jg4xchamp

I hope they forget the series and try something new.

Dante and DMC had a good run, but Capcom clearly ran out of ideas for DMC, and if Ninja Theory isn't the answer might as well take a shot at something new. Hell it's what they should be doing with their RE teams, but lord knows they are going to be chasing there also. At this point I wouldn't even want a Platinum take on DMC. They already have Bayonetta and Revengeance.

Dragons Dogma did fairly well(I haven't played it) critically so I'd like to see what else that team could do with a new IP in the action genre. They just need some better direction on the whole "trying to appeal to the west" thing.

That's true, I wouldn't want to see them go thr RE route with DMC and completely ruin the series with a bunch of random devs working on the game and several spin offs. Thinking about it now, Capcom should have just made this DMC a new IP. It already has nothing in common with the previous games aside from the name. I think the game would have actually sold better since it would have all the fans whining and crying about it non stop for the past 2 years.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts
Hilariously easy...check No skill required in mid air combat.. check Missing moves from previous games.. check Clunkier, slower battle mechanics.. check Imaginative weapons.. Uncheck Robert Pattinson Dante.. Check Gee, I wonder why this game isn't selling...
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#516 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Watching Ninja Theory continue to fail commercially is hilarious.BPoole96

Why?

It wont , because DMC4 actually sold well. If this doenst do well they will go back to the old series.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#517 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Just found out there aren't any different fighting styles depending on the weapon you equip.

Thats disappointing...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]They'll probably blame the old fan & haters if the game bombed sales wise.OneSanitarium

The negative talk probably advertised the game, for free, more than any type of normal advertising did.

Thats just plain bs

There is not one example of a game aimed at the core community but hated by them wich ended up selling great. Before you say COD please have in mind its an FPS, a genre that catters to a group outside of the core community. The HnS genre however, is as niche as it can get.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#519 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]They'll probably blame the old fan & haters if the game bombed sales wise.rjdofu

And what did they do with all those "bad propaganda"? They managed to piss people off even more by the constant dissing & trash talking the old franchise instead of coming out as sincere. And blaming anything else but themselves (that's what Ninja Theory has been doing in their entire gamiing career) is arrogant, and delusional.

Good game or not, that's subjective. Personally I think all Ninja Theory games are highly overrated, their games are ranged btw 6.0-7.0 at best.

NT trashed the old franchise? When? The only thing I can remember is them saying Dante "isnt" cool anymore, wich isnt as bad as old fans make it sound. In fact Tammem said in an interview it was an huge honor for them when capcom offered them DMC. How is that not being respectfull to the franchise?

Now the old "fans" (fanboys more like it) were a bunch of a**holes from the start. They even made death threats to NT staff for f*cks sake! If I had to deal with the sh*t the old "fans" came up with I would be an a**hole too.

Hell, even their god Hideki Kamiya got pis*ed at them for constantly asking him what he thought of the new DmC

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#520 jg4xchamp

Hell, even their god Hideki Kamiya got pis*ed at them for constantly asking him what he thought of the new DmC

Vatusus

Because he has nothing to do with devil may cry since the original.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

Vatusus

Thats just plain bs

There is not one example of a game aimed at the core community but hated by them wich ended up selling great. Before you say COD please have in mind its an FPS, a genre that catters to a group outside of the core community. The HnS genre however, is as niche as it can get.

Dynasty Warriors.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#522 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

Yangire

Thats just plain bs

Dynasty Warriors.

Hum? DW is actually a loved series to a selected group. And even if it wasnt its sales are nothing impressive whatsoever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#523 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

jg4xchamp

Because he has nothing to do with devil may cry since the original.

Exactly. And a rabid bunch of cry babies continuously kept asking himwhat he thought about the game only to start sh*t up and see him bashing it or somethin. Even him got pissed at some of his own fans

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#524 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

So, PS3 version is inferior again?

Not surprising. It's just something we see everyday on PS3.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#525 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Just found out there aren't any different fighting styles depending on the weapon you equip.

Thats disappointing...

Sagem28
Wow And then you have the newbie's wondering why hardcore DMC fans won't support this crap.. Its as if Ferrari started making horse and carriage cars for no reason.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#526 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Game is out tomorrow on PC!
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#527 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

Game is out tomorrow on PC!Blabadon
tumblr_lojsg8bhRP1qjazks.gif

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528 Blabadon

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Game is out tomorrow on PC!KarateeeChop

I have stared at that gif for five minutes now.
Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#529 Yangire

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

Thats just plain bs

Vatusus

Dynasty Warriors.

Hum? DW is actually a loved series to a selected group. And even if it wasnt its sales are nothing impressive whatsoever.

Oh, I didn't see "but then hated by them".

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#530 BPoole96

only 8 more hours until I can play it. I'll probably post some screenshots to show off the glory of the PC version

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#531 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

Yangire

Thats just plain bs

Dynasty Warriors.

Dynasty Warriors 8 is looking great
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Game is out tomorrow on PC!Blabadon

He was fantastic in Django, easily my favorite character.

lonewolfman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#533 lonewolfman10
Member since 2012 • 528 Posts

How is this game compared to like DMC4?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534 Blabadon

lonewolfman10
What way specifically? There's no lock-on, combat's a bit easier to get into with a lower ceiling, rankings only go down from when Dante gets hit (from what I've heard) I'm sure other fans can tell you more.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#535 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

[QUOTE="lonewolfman10"]

Blabadon

What way specifically? There's no lock-on, combat's a bit easier to get into with a lower ceiling, rankings only go down from when Dante gets hit (from what I've heard) I'm sure other fans can tell you more.

Lol@ a bit easier. Comparitively to DMC3, and especially 4, it's a thousand times easier, and then some. The combat is deep, just not as deep as the combat jewels of the series by a long shot.

The game has autoaim that can often messup what you want to do, and there is an extreme lack of moves within the game, with some moves doing the exact same thing as another.

Also, color coded enemies kill variety.

Oh yeah, the story takes itself seriously with a bunch of terrible dialouge, and the bosses are lol.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#536 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

GamerwillzPS

Well you have a great PC, so you shouldn't be worried about ports on the PS3 anymore

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#537 BPoole96

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

FireEmblem_Man

Well you have a great PC, so you shouldn't be worried about ports on the PS3 anymore

I think it's pretty bad considering the DMC used to be a huge series for the PS brand. I am angry about it just by thinking if I didt own a PC, I'd be stuck playing the trash version of a multiplat, again.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#538 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
So the game isn't available yet, this is one of the only ways in which Steam sucks, I hate that they just seem to make up when they decide to release a game. I have to wait until God knows what time to actually play the game that I paid for, currently says 18 hours until unlock. That's 6 in the f*cking evening, which is absolutely ridiculous. And it's not even had a pre-load. So basically it's going to be at least 7pm before I can even play a game I OWN on the day that it releases, even if I bought it at retail.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#539 BPoole96
So the game isn't available yet, this is one of the only ways in which Steam sucks, I hate that they just seem to make up when they decide to release a game. I have to wait until God knows what time to actually play the game that I paid for, currently says 18 hours until unlock. That's 6 in the f*cking evening, which is absolutely ridiculous. And it's not even had a pre-load. So basically it's going to be at least 7pm before I can even play a game I OWN on the day that it releases, even if I bought it at retail. bobbetybob
Yeah that is really stupid. I can't unlock it until 3pm tomorrow, which I wot be home to even do. Some people on the steam forums have been saying they have been able to preload the game but it seems kind of random as to who it works for.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#540 bobbetybob
[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]So the game isn't available yet, this is one of the only ways in which Steam sucks, I hate that they just seem to make up when they decide to release a game. I have to wait until God knows what time to actually play the game that I paid for, currently says 18 hours until unlock. That's 6 in the f*cking evening, which is absolutely ridiculous. And it's not even had a pre-load. So basically it's going to be at least 7pm before I can even play a game I OWN on the day that it releases, even if I bought it at retail. BPoole96
Yeah that is really stupid. I can't unlock it until 3pm tomorrow, which I wot be home to even do. Some people on the steam forums have been saying they have been able to preload the game but it seems kind of random as to who it works for.

Yeah I saw your post on the Steam forum. And the preload doesn't work, it says it's preloaded but it's literally instant, it doesn't download anything, just puts an empty DMC folder in the directory that has your games in.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#541 BPoole96
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="bobbetybob"]So the game isn't available yet, this is one of the only ways in which Steam sucks, I hate that they just seem to make up when they decide to release a game. I have to wait until God knows what time to actually play the game that I paid for, currently says 18 hours until unlock. That's 6 in the f*cking evening, which is absolutely ridiculous. And it's not even had a pre-load. So basically it's going to be at least 7pm before I can even play a game I OWN on the day that it releases, even if I bought it at retail. bobbetybob

Yeah I saw your post on the Steam forum. And the preload doesn't work, it says it's preloaded but it's literally instant, it doesn't download anything, just puts an empty DMC folder in the directory that has your games in.

Same thing happened to me. Did you get it from GMG or Steam? Mine was from GMG and they sent me two codes, one for the game and one for the costumes. I only activated one of them and it may have been the DLC so I'm going to try the other code when I get home and see if that works.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#542 bobbetybob
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="BPoole96"] Yeah that is really stupid. I can't unlock it until 3pm tomorrow, which I wot be home to even do. Some people on the steam forums have been saying they have been able to preload the game but it seems kind of random as to who it works for.

Same thing happened to me. Did you get it from GMG or Steam? Mine was from GMG and they sent me two codes, one for the game and one for the costumes. I only activated one of them and it may have been the DLC so I'm going to try the other code when I get home and see if that works.

Yeah same here, I activated both though, the DLC downloads but the game doesn't which is perfect. Everyone else on the Steam forums seem to have the same problem.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#543 BPoole96
[QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="bobbetybob"] Yeah I saw your post on the Steam forum. And the preload doesn't work, it says it's preloaded but it's literally instant, it doesn't download anything, just puts an empty DMC folder in the directory that has your games in.

Yeah same here, I activated both though, the DLC downloads but the game doesn't which is perfect. Everyone else on the Steam forums seem to have the same problem.

I haven't had an issue like this with Steam prior to this. Usually I am able to pre load the game and it has actually unlocked a few hours before midnight.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#544 rjdofu

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]tumblr_lojsg8bhRP1qjazks.gif

ReadingRainbow4

He was fantastic in Django, easily my favorite character.

Christoph Waltz always delivers.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#545 bobbetybob
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="BPoole96"] Same thing happened to me. Did you get it from GMG or Steam? Mine was from GMG and they sent me two codes, one for the game and one for the costumes. I only activated one of them and it may have been the DLC so I'm going to try the other code when I get home and see if that works.

I haven't had an issue like this with Steam prior to this. Usually I am able to pre load the game and it has actually unlocked a few hours before midnight.

I had a similar problem with Hitman Absolution but that eventually unlocked about 2 or 3 oclock in the morning (GMT) doesn't look like this is going to be the same.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#546 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Anyone who hates this game for combat then goes on the praise MGSR are hypocrites!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#547 jg4xchamp

Anyone who hates this game for combat then goes on the praise MGSR are hypocrites!

GD1551

Good joke, tell another.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#548 rjdofu

GD1551
:lol:
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#549 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

MGSR has shallower combat on top of QTE, it's funny to see people giving PG a pass just because of older work, lmao.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#550 Yangire

MGSR has shallower combat on top of QTE, it's funny to see people giving PG a pass just because of older work, lmao.

GD1551

Rising doesn't need extremely complex combat to be good.